Welcome to the Christian Care Community!
We are excited to have you as a part of our family.
In August 1918, Mr. and Mrs. Henry Langland donated a Victorian home on Peck Street to the Reformed and Christian Reformed Churches of the Muskegon area to provide care for the elderly. The ministry grew with the purchase and operation of a small nursing center on Kenneth Street the Christian Care Nursing Center. Later the Peck Street home was replaced with the 105 bed Christian Care Senior Care, thus providing a continuum of care in the Muskegon community. For several years the Board of Directors envisioned a new nursing care facility. Their hard work and diligence resulted in the replacement of our 49 bed nursing center and the addition of a 21 bed memory care unit on 14.5 acres on Sheridan Drive. The nursing center is divided into a long term unit with 24 private rooms and a short term rehabilitation unit of 25 private rooms.
Christian Care strives to provide the kind of living assistance that its name implies. Our standard of care includes people who treat residents with respect, dignity and love as well as the highest degree of quality assistance.