In 1918 the home of Mr. Henry Langeland on Peck Street was donated to provide care for the elderly from area Reformed, Christian Reformed, and Berean churches. That one donation eventually grew into a non-profit ministry dedicated to serving seniors with skill and Christian love.
Over the years, the home on Peck Street was expanded, renovated, and eventually replaced with a new facility in response to the community’s growing need for different levels of elder care. In 1993 a new Senior Care Assisted Living was constructed at 1530 McLaughlin Avenue.
In the mid-1960’s it became apparent that there was a growing number of seniors who needed a higher level of care than the original home could provide. It was out of that need that our nursing center was established and constructed.
With nearly 100 years of caring for our community’s elders, Christian Care continues its mission to provide care with dignity, respect and holistic care that addresses each resident’s mind, body, and spirit.